The Organizing Committee is glad to announce call for papers and posters for the 7th All Africa Conference on Animal Agriculture (AACAA) to be held at the Accra International Conference Centre, Ghana, 15th – 19th October, 2018. The conference is being organised by the All Africa Society for Animal Production (AASAP) in association with the Ghana Society of Animal Production (GSAP), the Ghana Animal Science Association (GASA), and the Forum for Agricultural Research in Africa (FARA). The theme for the conference is: Innovations to Harness the Potential of African Animal Agriculture in a Globalizing World. with the following sub-themes:
- Opportunities and prospects for transforming ruminant livestock systems in Africa. [with a special focus on dairying and including the disciplinary areas – genetics/breeding, nutrition/feeding, animal health, and input and output markets]
- Opportunities and prospects for transforming poultry and pig systems in Africa. [with a special focus on poultry, and including the disciplinary areas – genetics/breeding, nutrition/feeding, animal health, and input and output markets]
- Working animals – the animal welfare and human livelihood dimensions. [With special attention to the working donkeys and mules in Africa]
- Delivery of animal inputs and advisory services in Africa – the last mile challenge. [With special focus only on last mile delivery in remote locales]
- Climate change and animal agriculture – adaptation and mitigation opportunities and prospects in animal agriculture [Focus on implications for different ecologies and the more vulnerable production systems in Africa]
- Capacity development and partnerships for innovations in animal agriculture
- Data platforms for decision-making in animal agriculture.